If you are looking for desserts and baked goods recipes to make with Biscoff Spread, here are some delicious and original Cookie Butter / Biscoff recipes to try ASAP!
You know there aren't many things I love more than Biscoff - or Speculoos as we call it in Belgium. This traditional spiced cookie is not only delicious on its own, it is also a great ingredient to bake with.
Baking with Biscoff or Cookie Butter
Wether it is by grinding the biscoff cookie into crumbs or using a Speculoos Cookie Butter Spread, there are too many delicious ways to use this delicious ingredient!
How to use Biscoff crumbs
- Ground into fine crumbs to make a cheesecake crust like for these Mini Biscoff Cheesecakes or No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake.
- As a decoration for your baked goods, like pressed into the frosting of these Biscoff Cupcakes or crushed into crumbs and spread around this Baked Biscoff Cheesecake.
What do you use Biscoff Spread for
- As the most delicious spread over bread, pancakes or French Toast.
- Used as a glaze to finish your desserts like for this Easy Biscoff Cake.
- Incorporated into a delicious Cookie Butter Cream Cheese Frosting.
- As an ingredient of its own when baking, incorporated into batters, mixtures and even cookie dough like for these Biscoff Butter Cookies!
Biscoff Spread FAQs
Traditional Speculoos Cookies are made with a combination of spices usually including Cinnamon, Coriander Seed, Nutmeg, Ginger, Caraway Seed and Cloves. They are also made with a specific type of Brown Sugar made from Sugar Beet. They have a delicious caramelised and spicy flavour, a bit similar to a gingerbread cookie.
Biscoff Spread - or Speculoos Cookie Butter Spreads - are basically all made from Speculoos Cookies that are ground up and mixed with oil.
They are both spreads made out of crushed Speculoos Cookies. Biscoff is a branded product by the Belgian company Lotus while Cookie Butter (sometimes called Speculoos Butter) is a more generic name used by different brands.
No, Biscoff Spread can be stored at room temperature!
Recipes to make with Biscoff Spread
Here are some delicious recipes to try when you are wondering what to do with Biscoff spread / cookie butter.