This super quick and easy Vegan Avocado and Chocolate Mousse is a super addictive and decadent healthy dessert. Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Refined-Sugar Free, Gluten-Free and Soy Free, this chocolate mousse still tastes absolutely delicious! Decadent yet healthy? Yes please!
This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission - at not cost to you - for purchases made through these links.
Are you addicted to chocolate like I am? Hey – don’t lie… I know you are! If Chocolate is the ultimate ingredient to make decadent dessert, it doesn’t mean that it cannot be used for healthy desserts too…
And the proof is in this yummy yet healthy (and super quick and easy) Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse with Avocado!
Not only absolutely delicious, this healthy chocolate mousse is the perfect allergy-friendly dessert recipe: Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free and Vegan.
And bonus point: it is a great way to get your kids to eat more fruits without them even knowing!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
This Chocolate Avocado Mousse is awesome for 2 reasons (3 if you add the fact that it is absolutely delicious):
- It is a Healthier dessert that classic Chocolate Mousse. With its hidden main ingredient – Avocado – this recipe is a great way to get your kids to eat more fruits without even knowing it. Yes, Avocado IS a fruit – and it is one packed with healthy fats and nutrients. I am not an expert on the subject but you can read more about here if interested.
- It is super Easy and Quick to make. All you need is a good Blender or Food Processor. No need to whip Egg Whites or cook any preparation here – you basically can just dump all the ingredients in your food processor, blend until smooth and voila!
Eggless Chocolate and Avocado Mousse
The main ingredient to make a classic Chocolate Mousse, other than the obvious chocolate, is usually Eggs. They are used to bring some fat (egg yolks) and lightness (whipped egg whites) to the dessert.
So how can you get the same texture if you want to make a vegan, egg-free chocolate mousse?
There are a few different ways to make egg-free chocolate mousse, like I did for this Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart. But here, the answer is Avocado.
Mixed with the Chocolate, it creates an absolutely delicious creamy chocolate mousse that is simply addictive. Plus, once refrigerated, you simply cannot taste the Avocado at all!
You can eat this Avocado Chocolate Mousse either straight away – it will have the texture of a vegan chocolate pudding – or leave it in the fridge for a few hours to get that yummy light mousse-y texture.
Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:
To make this Egg-Free, Dairy Free and Gluten-Free Chocolate Mousse, you will need:
- Ripe Avocados
- Cooking Chocolate (I recommend using a 70% cacao Dark Chocolate like this Callebaut one for a less sweet and more intense chocolate taste)
- Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- Plant-Based Milk – I used Almond Milk but you can also use Soy or Coconut Milk
- Maple Syrup (or any other liquid plant-based sweetener like Agave Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup)
- Sea Salt (optional)
How to make Healthy Chocolate Mousse without Eggs
I can usually talk about the process of making a recipe and tips for hours but here, telling you how to make an eggless chocolate mousse will only take one sentence:
” Put it all in the Blender”!
It is an extremely easy recipe that requires no oven, no baking utensils and basically no baking skills at all. If you know how to use a blender, you know how to make this recipe!
More Easy Vegan Desserts:
- Vegan No Bake Mango Cheesecake
- Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Cups
- No Bake Mini Blueberry Tarts (Vegan)
- Grapefruit and Orange Panna Cotta (Vegan)
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Vegan Carrot Muffins
- Vegan Sticky Date Puddings
Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Avocado Recipe:
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Almond Milk, or any Plant-Based Milk
- 200 gr (7 oz) Dairy-Free Dark Cooking Chocolate, (preferably 70% cacao at least)
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup, or Agave Syrup / Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/2 teasp. Sea Salt, optional
- Place the Dark Chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and carefully melt in the microwave. Set aside to cool down.
- Place the Avocado Flesh, Cacao Powder, Almond Milk, Maple Syrup and Sea Salt in the bowl of your Food Processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add the melted Dark Chocolate and pulse to mix. Transfer into an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Optional: to serve, sprinkle some Sea Salt, Shredded Coconut and/or Cacao Nibs over the Avocado Chocolate Mousse