Whether you are looking for a delicious all-day sweet treat, a bite to enjoy before and after a work-out or a quick snack to get some energy, these Vegan, Gluten-Free and Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies will leave you happy!
This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission - at not cost to you - for purchases made through these links.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
There are so many reasons I love this recipe. On top of the fact that it is a nice, healthy sweet treat recipe that can be enjoyed guilt-free anytime, I especially love that they are SO easy to make.
Oh… and ridiculously quick as well! No oven needed here, it all happens in your food processor, then in your fridge.
Made in less than then minutes and only about an hour in the fridge to set – that’s the dream, isn’t it!? And because they need to be refrigerated, they are a great treat to keep in the fridge and snack on whenever needed!
If you like Peanut Butter Cookies, you will love my Peanut Butter Energy Balls too!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies with Oatmeal Ingredients
I made these Peanut Butter Cookies with four ingredients only, but you can choose to use only three of them… So easy, right!? To make these no bake cookies, you will need:
- Rolled Oats (make sure they are Gluten-Free if required)
- Smooth Peanut Butter, preferably with no added sugar or salt
- a Natural Liquid Sweetener, such as Maple Syrup or Agave Syrup
- Some Desiccated Coconut (optional)
I personally love the subtle coconut taste that the Desiccated Coconut brings, but you can absolutely skip this ingredient if you want and only use the top 3 ingredients only.
I also recommend choosing a good quality Peanut Butter that has no added salt and sugar. As well as the obvious ‘health‘ reasons, it is easier to work with a “blank canvas” when it comes to taste, and add some saltiness or sweetness if you want and to suit your taste.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies?
These cookies will be great on their own, but if you want to make them even more fun, you can also add the classic “jelly” element to the recipe.
To do so, you can simply dip the set, cold cookies into your preferred jam. Or you can make a berry Coulis and dip the cookies in them. I used some leftover Raspberry Coulis to finish mine!
How to make Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies with no Flour
So, I said making these No bake Cookies was easy… I was not joking! This is literally a “throw it all in the food processor” kind of recipe, and one that does not require any flour (or gluten).
Once mixed with the Rolled Oats and refrigerated, the Peanut Butter will harden a form a yummy no bake – no flour cookie!
Here are the steps to make this recipe:
- Place the Rolled Oats, Peanut Butter, Syrup and Desiccated Coconut in the bowl of your food processor.
- Pulse in a few seconds increments to mix all the ingredients together. Only a few seconds to keep big chunks of oats or longer to have a smoother finish – it is up to you.
- Shape the cookies your preferred way.
- Place the cookies in the fridge on a line tray to rest for at least an hour.
There are many different ways you can decide to shape the cookies:
- Rolling the dough into small balls for an “energy ball” look.
- Flattening the balls of cookies dough to give them a ‘rustic’ shape.
- Or for a netter look, you can roll the cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper and use a cookie cutter to cut them out.
Looking for more Healthy Treats? Check out these recipes:
- Vegan No Bake Mini Blueberry Tarts
- Almond Tahini Cookies (Vegan)
- 3 Ingredients Almond Cookies
- Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Cups
- Apple Pie Bliss Bites from Goodie Goodie LunchBox
- Healthy Berry Bites from Eight Forest Lane
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
Super easy Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups (200gr) Rolled Oats, (make sure they are gluten free if required)
- 1 cup (220gr) Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp Maple or Agave Syrup
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut , optional
- Place the Rolled Oats, Peanut Butter, Syrup and Desiccated Coconut in the bowl of your food processor. Blits in a few seconds increments to mix all the ingredients together. Blend for a few seconds only to keep chunks of Oats in the cookies, or process for longer to get a smooth finish.
- Shape the cookies in your preferred way. Either roll small balls in the palm of your hands (and optionally flatten them), or roll the cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper and use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Place the shaped cookies on a flat tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Optional: dip the cookies in jam or a berry coulis and place back in the fridge.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days. Freezing these cookies is not recommended as they will fall apart when thawed.