Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
These Light and Fluffy American Blueberry Pancakes are a classic breakfast recipe to make again and again on Sunday morning... or any other day of the week!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup (40gr) Caster Sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) Full Cream Milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Canola Oil or your prefered Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 cup (225gr) Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 teasp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 teasp. Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup (150gr) Blueberries, fresh or frozen
In a large bowl, beat the Eggs and Sugar until frothy. Add the Milk, Canola Oil and Lemon Juice.
Sift in the Plain Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt. Stir until combined.
Gently fold in the Blueberries, trying not to break them (see note 1)
In a small non-stick pan on a medium heat, cook the pancakes for about 1 minute on each side (see note 2). Grease the pan if needed. Eat straight away.
- There are two ways of adding blueberries to your pancakes:
- by folding them directly into the pancake batter (if you don't mind the "blue swirl" it will create in the batter)
- by adding them over the un-cooked side of your pancakes with in the pan.
- When you see bubbles appearing on the facing side of the pancake, it usually means that it is ready to be flipped.