Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins
These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt are the perfect sweet snack to enjoy any time of the day. The tangy, crunchy and super soft lemon muffins make a great breakfast, morning and afternoon tea treat and are great for your kids lunchbox!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1/3 cup (70gr) Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Canola Oil or your prefered unflavoured cooking oil
- 1/2 cup (120gr) Natural Greek Yogurt unsweetened
- 1 Lemon (Juice + Zest) about 1/4 cup - 60ml of Lemon Juice
- 1 2/3 cups (250gr) Plain / All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teasp Baking Powder
- 1/2 teasp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup (25gr) Poppy Seeds
Preheat your oven on 160'C/325'F.
Whisk the Eggs and Caster Sugar until frothy. Add the Canola Oil, then the Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest. Stir in the Greek Yogurt and whisk until combined.
Mix the Flour with the Baking Powder and Baking Soda, and add them to the Wet Ingredients. Stir until combined.
Mix in the Poppy Seeds (see note 1)
Fill the Muffin Paper Case/Liners with the Batter and bake for 12 to 15 minutes (or until golden and the tip of a knife comes out clean) - see note 2
- I like A LOT of Puppy Seeds in my Muffins, but you can obviously decrease the quantity of poppy seeds if you would prefer a lighter muffin. I recommend to use at least 2 tablespoons, and up to 1/4 of a cup (which is how much I used here)
- These muffins will be a bit delicate when they come out of the oven so I highly recommend using Muffins Liners. You may struggle to remove them from the muffin pan directly if you do not use the paper cases.