Orange Semolina Cake with Orange Syrup
This Orange Semolina Cake topped with Orange Syrup is the perfect combination of light, moist and crunchy - a great cake to serve for dessert this winter!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 slices
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup (50gr) Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Olive Oil
- 1 Orange, Zest and Juice about 1/3 cup - 80ml of Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup (180gr) Fine Semolina or Semolina Flour
- 1 cup (100gr) Almond Meal or Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 teasp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 teasp. Baking Soda
- 1 Orange, sliced for decoration
- 2 Oranges, juiced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp (30 gr) Brown Sugar
Orange Semolina Cake
Preheat the oven on 180'C/350'F. Grease a Round Springform Pan (see note 1) or line it with baking paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the Eggs and Caster Sugar until frothy. Add the Olive Oil, Orange Juice, Orange Zest and Lemon Juice.
Whisk in the Semolina, Almond Meal, Baking Powder and Baking Soda. Pour the batter in the Springform Pan.
Thinly slice 1 Orange and place the slices over the cake batter.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tip of a knife comes out clean.
- I used a 8inch / 20cm Springform Pan for this cake.
- If you decide to pour the syrup over the warm cake after taking it out of the oven, make sure to wait until the cake has fully cooled to remove it from the pan.