Easy Cherry Clafoutis
This Easy Cherry Clafoutis recipe is always a hit. The classic French dessert is simply the ultimate comfort food and super quick to make too!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 people
- 80 gr (1/3 cup) Butter, melted and cool
- 6 Eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) Full Cream Milk
- 50 gr (3,5 tbsp) Caster Sugar
- 200 gr (1 1/3 cup) Plain Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 gr (7 oz) Pitted Morello Cherries
Cherry Compote (optional)
- 300 gr (10,5 oz) Pitted Morello Cherries with the jar syrup
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Preheat your oven on 180'C/350'C.
Whisk the Eggs and Sugar until foamy. Sift in the Flour and Salt and stir until combined.
Slowly pour in the cool melted Butter, then the Milk. Whisk to obtain a rather liquid batter.
Grease a large round ceramic baking dish (see note 1 and 2).Place the pitted Morello Cherries at the bottom of the baking dish, and cover with with the clafoutis batter (see note 3). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the custard is set. Serve warm straight away, or keep in the fridge for 48 hours. I recommend re-heating the dessert after being kept in the fridge.Optionally, top the dessert with a Cherry Compote.
- I use a large round oven-safe ceramic dish. You can also use a square or rectangular ceramic or glass dish.
- Note that the quantities of this recipe will make a large cherry clafoutis for 12 people. Simply divide the ingredients by two to make a smaller version of the dessert.
- You can also pour the batter first and place the cherries over it - or do half at the bottom, half at the top. It is a rustic dessert, so make your own rules!