It seems like everybody has been requesting raw cakes lately; I am going to have to call this week “the raw cakes week” after this recipe! These No Bake Chocolate Cups are very easy to make and perfect if you are after an intense chocolate taste!
This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission - at not cost to you - for purchases made through these links.
I talked about re-using leftovers from the Raw Lime and Blueberry cheesecake to make the Raw Raspberry Bars in my last post, well… here we go again!
This time, I used leftovers from the raspberry bars base to make these Raw Crispy Chocolate Cups.
I made a simple Chocolate Ganache for the filling and added some Chia Seeds and Puffed Quinoa to bring a crunchy element.
I also topped the Cups with frozen Raspberries to balance the strong chocolate taste. I simply used a Cupcake/Muffin Tray to form the cups; it’s that easy!
My fiance Ari loved them so much that I had to forbid him from eating them all before I had time to take photos!
Raw Crispy Chocolate Cups
- 1 cup pitless Dates
- 1/3 cups Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts
Crispy Chocolate Ganache
- 200 gr Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/3 cup Puffed Quinoa, you can also use Puffed Rice instead
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries, Optional
- The night before making the bars, put the Dates in a large bowl and cover with warm water. Let them soak overnight.
- Drain the Dates and place in a Food Processor or Blender.
- Add the Almond Meal, Cacao Powder, Desiccated Coconut, Coconut Oil, Rolled Oats and Macadamia Nuts in the Blender and blend until a thick paste is former.You can pre-chop the macadamia nuts if your blender is not super powerful, it will help the blending.
- Use your Cupcake/Muffin Tray to form the cups: firmly press the paste to the bottom of the tin.You can also line your Pan with Paper Cupcake Cases.
- Put in the freezer to set while you prepare the Ganache.
Crispy Chocolate Ganache
- In a medium size pot on low heat, mix the Soy Milk and Dark Chocolate pieces until all the chocolate is melted.Make sure to keep the heat on low to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Remove from the stove and add the Chia Seeds and Puffed Quinoa.Stir well.
- Transfer the Ganache in a bowl and place in the fridge to cool down (about 30 minutes to an hour).
- Take the Ganache out of the fridge and stir well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the Ganache over the Cups Base.Optional: top the Cups with a few Frozen Raspberries each.
- Put back into the Freezer until the Ganache has set.Leave in the Freezer until eating.