Salads do not have to be complicated; sometimes, all you need is 3 main ingredients and lots of herbs. The proof is in this Israeli Salad with Quinoa!
This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission - at not cost to you - for purchases made through these links.
Even though I have never been a big fan of raw tomato, I absolutely love Israeli Salad.
Do you have Cucumbers and Tomatoes around? Done! Could it be easier than that!?
But what really makes Israeli Salad so fresh and tasty are tons of herbs; add as much as you want, it can only make it better and better!
For this recipe, I am using Parsley from the garden, Coriander and Spring Onion.
To add more “density” to the salad, you can also add grains such as Barley, Wheat or Rice, but I like to use Quinoa.
Combined with a tangy lemon and olive oil dressing, there you have summer in a plate!
Quinoa Israeli Salad
For the Salad:
- 3 Lebanese Cucumber
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 cup Tricolour Quinoa
- 1/2 Bunch of Parsley
- 1/2 Bunch of Coriander
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. of Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Garlic, Tumeric
- Cook the Quinoa in boiling water for about 10min; you want them to be still slightly crunchy when you remove it from the stove.Drain the Quinoa in a sieve, and pour cold water on it to stop the cooking. Let it cool down.
- Cut the Tomatoes and Lebanese Cucumbers in Cubes and put them in a salad bowl with the chopped Spring Onion, Parsley and Coriander.
- Prepare the dressing: in a separate small bowl, mix the Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar. Taste and adjust to your liking - I like it very tangy and sour.
- Add the pinch of Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Garlic and Turmeric (or like always, whatever spice you like/have...) and mix well.
- Add the Quinoa to the salad and pour the Dressing on top. Mix well.