Anyone else gets really excited when they see colourful veggies? Me too.
This post may contain affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission - at not cost to you - for purchases made through these links.
Why go for plain orange carrots when you can find purple or yellow ones!? This recipe for Honey Lemon and Cumin Roasted Carrots will make you love these colours even more!
Talking of carrots colour, fun fact of the day: did you know that carrots were not originally orange? The carrots were actually naturally cultivated in purple, yellow or white before the Dutch modified their colour to orange in the 17th Century as an homage to their flag.
I cannot lie, I love these types of “food history fun facts”!
I made these as part of the “Vegan Mezze” prepared a couple of weeks ago. Again, you can also just make these separately as a side dish to another meal.
Oven Roasted Carrots
These roasted carrots are super simple to make and it should only take you 10 minutes to prepare!
Cumin is a classic item to associate with Carrots but and the Honey Lemon glaze brings an extra sweet and tangy flavour.
I find that mixing three different carrots colours – orange, yellow and purple – makes the dish so much prettier, but you can also only use orange ones if you cannot find the others purple or yellow ones.
On a side note, before I give you the recipe, I know that some Vegans eat honey and some don’t. If you do not want to use honey, simply replace it with Agave Syrup, Rice Malt Syrup or any other kind of Syrup you usually use.
Lemon and Honey Roasted Carrots:
Roasted Honey Lemon Carrots with Cumin
- 1 bunch Orange Carrots
- 1 bunch Yellow Carrots
- 1 bunch Purple Carrots
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. Honey, Can be replaced with any syrup
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Mustard Powder, Cumin Powder and Cumin Seeds
- Preheat your oven on 180°
- Peel all the Carrots, leaving the start of the wilts.
- Put the Carrots on a deep baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Prepare the glaze: mix the Honey and Lemon Juice. Stir well until all the honey has dissolved. Add the Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Mustard Powder and Cumin Powder.
- Pour the glaze on top of the Carrots and make sure they are evenly covered.
Sprinkle some Cumin Seeds over the Carrots, then put in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Check regularly as the use of honey can make them burn easily. When golden and crispy, remove from the oven.
- Optional: top with fresh chopped coriander.