There are no sweet cravings that cannot be satisfied by these Vegan Tahini Cookies with Almond and Coconut. Lightly drizzled with a Dark Chocolate Ganache and a sprinkle of Sesame Seeds, these Sesame Paste Cookies won't last long out of the oven!
Tahini Almonds Cookies
Tahini is still a relatively unknown ingredient on many continents, but it is surely getting increasing interest all around the world. It is mainly used in Middle Eastern Cooking to make dips and sauces, but famous chefs like Yottam Ottolenghi and his book " Sweet" have helped to show various new ways to use it.
Best know to be one of the main ingredient of Hummus, Tahini can also surprisingly be used in sweet recipes. I had already shared a recipe for Tripe Chocolate Tahini Cookies, and these Almond Tahini Cookies are just as good! Not only super versatile, Tahini - aka Sesame Seed Paste - is also known to be a deliciously healthy ingredient.
Although sometimes compared to Peanut Butter, Tahini is a nut-free paste that is a great allergy-friendly ingredient. It is also known to contain more protein than most nuts, as well as being packed with Vitamins and Minerals. Most of the Tahini Paste you will find use hulled sesame seeds, but un-hulled seeds could be a healthier option as many nutrients are in the seeds skin.
Want to know more about Tahini? You can read more about its benefits on The Guardian.
Healthy Vegan Cookies
Wait, did someone say "healthy", "vegan" and "cookies" in the same sentence? Yup, I sure did! Cookies may often be associated with un-healthy snacking, it really doesn't have to be that way! These Vegan Sesame Cookies are made out of two main ingredients: Almond Meal and Tahini Paste. They are also Dairy Free, Eggless and Processed Sugar Free. Don't worry though, they are still packed with yummy goodness!
Vegan Tahini Cookies Ingredients
- Tahini Paste
- Maple Syrup (can also use Agave Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup)
- Vanilla Paste (optional)
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Meal
- Plain Flour
- Shredded Coconut
- Baking Powder
Just like my Almond Shortbread Cookies, these biscuits use Almond Meal to add a delicious almond flavour that works perfectly with Tahini.
The process of making these Sesame Almond Cookies is seriously easy. Melt the Tahini, Syrup, Coconut Oil and Vanilla Paste together before adding all the dry ingredients. Yes, that's it!
How to finish these Vegan Cookies
Finally, I made a simple Dark Chocolate Ganache that I drizzled over the cookies, and finished them with a sprinkle of white Sesame Seeds. This part is optional and you can definitely enjoy these Tahini Cookies as is.
If you decide not to make the chocolate ganache topping, I would recommend to sprinkle some sesame seeds over the cookies before baking them to still bring a delicious crunch to the snack.
More Vegan Sweet Treats Recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Shortbread Cookie Sandwich
- Triple Chocolate Tahini Cookies
- No bake Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan + GF)
- Mini Blueberry Tarts (Vegan)
- Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Made this recipe? Let us know if you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below! And don't forget to share your creation on Instagram with the hashtag #abakingjourney and tag @a.baking.journey
Almond Tahini Cookies with Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
Almond Tahini Cookies
- 1/2 cup (100gr) Tahini Paste
- 3 tbsp (45ml) Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teasp. Vanilla Paste - or a few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup (50 gr) Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup (50 gr) Almond Meal
- 2 tbsp (10 gr) Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 teasp. Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
- 1,5 oz (50 gr) Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Soy Milk
- 1 tbsp (10 gr) Sesame Seeds to garnish
I highly recommend using the measurements in grams & ml (instead of cups & spoons) for more accuracy and better results.
Almond Tahini Cookies
- Preheat your oven on 180'C/350'F
- Place the liquid Tahini Paste (see note 1), Maple Syrup, Vanilla Paste and liquid Coconut Oil in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the Plain Flour, Almond Meal, Shredded Coconut, Baking Powder and Salt and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Line a baking tray with a baking mat or baking paper. Scoop 1 tbsp of the cookie dough and form a small ball in your palms. Place the ball on the baking tray and gently press over it with the spoon or the bottom of a cup to flatten it.
- If you are not going top the cookies with the chocolate ganache, drizzle the Sesame Seeds over the cookies before flattening them so that they cover each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are starting to get golden brown.Remove from the oven and transfer on a cooling rack. Leave until completely cool.
Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
- Place the Dark Chocolate and Milk in a heat-proof bowl, and heat up for 30 seconds in the microwave. Gently stir until completely smooth.Using a spoon or a fork, drizzle the Chocolate Ganache over the Almond Tahini Cookies. Sprinkle the Sesame Seeds over the Chocolate to finish the Cookies.
- Store in an air-tight container for 48 hours
- If the Tahini Paste you use is quite hard, just melt for a few seconds in the microwave to get a liquid consistency