Delicious Breakfasts don’t have to be complicated to be delicious. The proof: this 3 Ingredients Banana Pancakes Recipe! These super easy Sugar-Free Banana Pancakes will be ready in less than 20 minutes and kids LOVE them!
Why we love this recipe
You will be surprised by how good these Three Ingredients Pancakes taste. It’s like you would never guess that they are an awesome Diet Pancakes Recipe!
Whether you are looking for an healthier – yet tasty – breakfast recipe, a super quick pancake recipe or awesome Healthy Pancakes for Kids, these Sugar-Free Banana Pancakes are the ones for you!
If you ask me, these Healthy Sugar-Free Pancakes topped with Honey Caramelised Bananas are the ultimate Sunday Breakfast Recipe. Just like my Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, they are super quick to make, easy, and oh so delicious…
You will never want to open another box of pancake mix after making these Sugar-Free Banana Pancakes!
If you like Banana Pancakes, you will also love these Gluten-Free Banana Buckwheat Pancakes!
Can you believe that you can make healthy banana pancakes with 3 ingredients only!? I must admit, I was a bit skeptical too! But since I can’t resist something as tempting as a 3 ingredients breakfast recipe, I gave it a go and oh did they surprised me!
Not only these Banana Pancakes taste absolutely delicious and are ridiculously fluffy, I LOVE the fact that they can be made without sugar!
To make this recipe, you will need (scroll down to the recipe card for all quantities):
- Ripe Bananas – the ripest the are, the sweeter the pancakes will be
- Eggs – medium size
- Self-Rising Flour – see below if using plain or all purpose flour
So No Milk and No Sugar needed here!
The best Bananas to use for this recipe are very ripe ones. There is no added sugar in this recipe, so the naturally sweet ripe bananas are a great alternative!
Note that the size of the Bananas will affect the texture of the pancakes: if you use very small bananas, the pancakes might bit a bit more dry. Alternatively, if using large bananas, you might need to add some extra flour to avoid getting rather soggy pancakes. I personally use medium-sized bananas for this recipe.
Optional Ingredient Addition
See this recipe as a “blank canvas” you can customise to your liking. Many, many other ingredients like nuts, fruits or spices can be used to make this recipe your own!
Here are a few ideas:
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded or Desiccated Coconut
How to make Homemade Self-Rising Flour
Self-Rising Flour may not be an ingredient you have in your pantry; I personally never use it so I don’t tend to buy it. Good thing is: it is SUPER easy to make at home.
I now have a nice jar of homemade self-rising flour sitting in my pantry, waiting to be used to make these Banana Pancakes!
You will need:
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 1/2 teasp of Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
Note that this is a ratio to replace 1 cup of flour – you will not need all of it for this recipe. Feel free to reduce or double the quantities as required!
That’s it! Simply mix the three ingredients together and store it in an air-tight container or jar in your pantry. You will never need to buy some ever again!
How to make these Pancakes
These Fluffy Banana Pancakes are literally the easiest recipe ever. Just as easy as opening a box of pancake mix! Well, almost…
There are only 3 steps to make these quick and healthy pancakes with no added sugar.
- Mash the Ripe Bananas into a mixing bowl (if you find it hard to mash because the bananas are not ripe enough, place them for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave. They will become much softer). The riper the bananas, the sweeter the pancakes will be
- Whisk in the Eggs
- Add the Self-Rising Flour
- Cook the pancakes in a greased skillet the same way you would bake any pancakes.
Done. Literally. Quickest Recipe ever written on this blog!
How to get perfectly round pancakes
Use a Round Pastry Ring or Large Round Cookie Cutter to create perfectly round pancakes. Place the Ring or Cutter in your pan and pour the pancake batter.
Let it spread to the edges of the ring (rotating your pan to direct the batter if needed) then remove it straight away. Your pancakes will cook in a perfectly round shape!
Getting the right pancake texture
Because the size of Bananas and Eggs can vary, you might need to slightly adjust the quantities. I always say that the first cooked pancake (just like the first Crepe!) should be a test run.
Taste it, check the texture and adjust the batter if needed:
Or they seem raw in the middle: add a little bit more Self-Rising Flour, one tablespoon at the time. That is probably because your bananas or eggs are on the larger side
usually happens when you use small eggs and bananas. You might need to add a little bit more mashed bananas – start with half a banana and see if it improves the texture!
What to serve with this breakfast
To stay in the Healthy Banana Theme, I made some Sugar-Free Caramelised Bananas to serve with the Pancakes. It is just as easy to make as the pancakes.
To make the the Honey Caramelised Banana Toppings, you will need:
- One Banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
Place the honey in a warm skillet – it will melt and bubble straight away. Add the sliced Banana, quickly stir for 30 seconds to a minute until you get coloration on the bananas, then pour over the bananas.
This breakfast will be delicious with other toppings and sauces as well, for example:
If you want more ideas of Pancake Toppings, check out my favourite 30 Pancake Toppings Recipe!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas:
- 2 Ingredient Bagels from Cook it Real Good
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Japanese Soufflé Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- Super fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- French Buckwheat Crepes
- How to make Banana Chips in the Oven
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Made this recipe? Leave a comment & rating below to let us know what you think and tag us on Instagram @abakingjourney to show us your creations!
And to make sure you don’t miss any new recipe, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter!
Healthy 3 Ingredients Banana Pancakes (Sugar-Free)
- 2 Bananas medium size
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Self-Rising Flour (*)
- 1 Banana medium size
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Mash the Bananas into a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the Eggs and whisk until combined, then whisk in the Self-Rising Flour until no lumps remain.
- Grease a small skillet with cooking spray (or butter). Pour some Banana Pancake batter in the middle of the skillet, on medium heat. Leave to cook for about 1 minute, or until you can see bubbles appearing on the surface. Flip and leave to cook for another minute. Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- See note under (*) below if the centre of the first pancake is mushy or soggy – you might need to add a little bit more flour.
Caramelised Banana Topping
- Thinly slice the Banana.
- Heat up a small skillet on low heat and drop the tablespoon of honey. It will melt and bubble straight away.
- Add the sliced Bananas and leave to caramelise for about a minute, stiring occasionally to flip the banana slices (see note 2)
- Serve over the Banana Pancakes, warm. Optionally, pour some Honey over the Pancakes if you would like them to be sweeter.
- This recipe will make 4 large Pancakes, or 8 Small Pancakes.
- Remove the caramelised bananas from the heat as soon as they turn golden, or they will start to become mushy.